Become a Registrant
To be considered for NRRTS Registration an applicant must provide proof of at least one year of experience as a rehabilitation technology supplier.
A rehabilitation technology supplier is a specialist who:
- Works for a medical equipment company that supplies rehabilitation equipment and employs support staff capable of providing ongoing service and consumer support; and
- Participates directly in the assessment process by offering product choices from multiple manufacturers, by offering product categories from different product lines, and provides pricing and funding information to the consumer and referral sources; and
- Works with manufacturers and/or custom fabricators to combine equipment features to meet specific client needs; and
- Provides fittings and deliveries as directed by the referring professional(s); and
- Provides clients with instruction in the safe use of the equipment, offers information on maintenance and care, passes on warranty information and supports the equipment supplied with timely, high-quality service.
Enhanced Continuing Education Requirement
To assure that new NRRTS applicants have a CRT focused continuing education history, NRRTS has developed a Core Curriculum consisting of 5 areas of concentration: Ethics; “Funding and Public Policy”; “Medical Terminology, Vocabulary, Anatomy and Diagnoses”; “Seating and Positioning”; and “Business Practices”. The total number of CEUs (1.0 = 10 contact hours) remains the same, but applicants need to document completion of at least .2 CEUS (2 contact hours) from each of the core areas.
There are a number of courses, presentation and webinars that have been approved by NRRTS to meet the Core Curriculum requirements. (Click here to view applications and forms). Other courses, webinars and presentation will be evaluated and accepted on an individual basis to fulfill the enhanced CEU requirement. Many, if not most educational programming provided by manufacturers and other organizations may be accepted to meet the CEU requirement. Registrant applicants can contact the NRRTS office for information about acceptable CEU offerings.
In order to assist new applicants in meeting the Core Curriculum requirements, NRRTS will provide complimentary registration for NRRTS webinars for new NRRTS applicants. NRRTS will provide On Demand webinars to all applicants at no cost for 90 day from the date that an application is received and verified.
For more information on becoming a Registrant, please contact Weesie Walker at email@example.com.